Stone to commemorate the town foundation

Aušros str., Utena, Lithuania

Stone to commemorate the town foundation

Erected for foundation of Utena town. Name Utena was mentioned for the first time in historical sources in 1261 when Mindaugas, transferring some lands to the Sword-bearers, included the name of Utena. At that time it was not a town but wooden castle situated by Utenėlė rivulet on Narkūnai Castle-Hill.


Nearby objects

Nearby attractions

There are no comments. Be the first!

Leave a comment

Please fill all the required fields.
  • Name*
  • E-mail*

    (will not be published)
  • Website
  • Comment*
Loading map..