Liudas Truikys and Marijona Rakauskaitė Memorial Museum
The building was constructed in the 1940’s (architect E. Frykas). The memorial museum was opened on October 10, 1994, in the studio–flat where the artist Liudas Truikys, together with the opera prima donna Marijona Rakauskaitė, lived and worked from World War II until the end of their lives.
The exposition displays scenographic plans and sketches, a splendid collection of Asian carpets dating from the 18th and 19th centuries, a valuable book collection, Chinese silk rolls, Buddhist sculptures, enamels, porcelain as well as a collection of Lithuanian wooden folk sculptures. Part of the exhibition is dedicated to Marijona Rakauskaitė (1892–1975) – the famous opera prima donna and loyal companion of L. Truikys. Her family photographs, theatrical photographs and stage costumes are exhibited in the museum.
Ticket price-2 Lt.
E. Fryko St. 14
Telephone number: +370 37 22 99 67; +370 652 13621