Vytautas Church (The Church of Taking Holy Virgin Mary into the Heaven)
The church was constructed in the 15th century. It is one of the first Gothic brick buildings in Kaunas. The church belonged to Franciscan monks. During the Napoleonic Wars it was turned into a war ammunition warehouse; while in 1850-1899, an Orthodox Church was operating here. The writer, canon J.Tumas-Vaižgantas is buried here.
Tel..: +370 37 203 854
Working hours: II-IV - 18:00, VII - 10:00, 12:00, 18:00.
More information: http://visit.kaunas.lt